With the holidays just around the corner the Commissary will be having several savings events and deals. Here is a look at some of the things that are due to come to the Commissary soon. Keep your eyes open for the coupon booklets mentioned!!
- The Second Annual “Turkey Perfection” promotion. Starting Oct. 25 and ending Nov. 28, stateside customers, including Alaska and Hawaii, will receive a 32-page coupon booklet valued at more than $40. When customers purchase an item using a coupon from the booklet, they receive cash off the purchase of any whole fresh or frozen turkey. There is a limit of one coupon booklet per customer for this special offer, and patrons must purchase the quantities stated on the coupon. Shoppers in Europe, Puerto Rico and the Pacific will receive a special eight-page coupon flyer valued at more than $32. Supplies of both the booklets and fliers are limited.
- “The Family Unit.” From Oct. 25 to Nov. 28, Procter & Gamble has partnered with the USO to raise funds for “The Family Unit,” a place where Wounded Warriors can recover, spend quality time with their families and prepare them for their transition back into the community. P&G will offer commissaries more than $70 in “Brandsaver” coupon booklets in support of this November promotion. In addition, patrons can sign up at www.thefamilyunitpg.com for more coupons to use on future trips to the commissary. For each of these coupons redeemed in commissaries, P&G will donate 50 cents for USO’s “Operation Enduring Care.” The participating brands are Bounty, Cascade, Charmin, Crest, Dawn, Downy, Duracell, Febreze, Gain, Gillette, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essence, Mr. Clean, Olay, Pampers, Pantene, Pringles, Swiffer, Tampax and Tide.
- “Good Food Good Life” Program. Beginning Oct. 25 and running through Nov. 28, the “Good Food Good Life” program will provide shoppers with the Nestle “Big Book of Commissary Savings” coupon booklet, which includes a wide array of holiday-related coupon offers, meal ideas, recipes and cooking tips.
- “Holiday Heroes.” Oct. 25 to Nov. 28, Quaker and Tropicana will offer holiday-bundling coupons focusing on family meals. This promotion supports the “For the Troops Foundation,” an all-volunteer non-profit organization that provides care packages to U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Commissaries that participate could have up to $7,500 donated in their name.
- “Operation Appreciation.” During November, Unilever will offer savings on their 15 top-selling brands. Up to $25,000 of the proceeds from the sales of Unilever’s participating brands with redeemable coupons from either the “Operation Appreciation” coupon booklet or the Commissary Rewards Card will support members of the armed forces.
- “Believe in Heroes!” During November, commissaries worldwide will receive 500,000 coupon flyers, containing high-value coupons for commissary shoppers. During the promotional period most participating brands will provide donations to the “Wounded Warrior Project” foundation.
- “Special Wounded Warriors Donation Program.” Starting the first week in November, commissary shoppers in stateside commissaries, including Alaska and Hawaii, will see military-only coupons and a national Wounded Warrior ad/flyer from Sun Products directing shoppers to a website for more coupons and a link to its Facebook page. Sun Products is donating a portion of the proceeds from this promotion to the Wounded Warrior Project. Participating brands include Wisk, All and Snuggle.
*Info courtesy of the DecA press release